Location Address: WFH/hybrid (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: 10 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 8:30-5, Mon-Fri
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Regulatory Risk Governance – Guides and oversees the identification, assessment, management, and reporting of non-financial risk owned by global finance. Reporting to CFO and covering all finance departments in the bank.
Project: Contractor will be working on the attestation and reconciliation policies – analyze information coming from Global Banking Markets, Canadian Banking and International Banking to ensure it is reconciled and that the relevant actions are in place.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to global finance risk management. They will gain the ability to streamline risk management processes and develop a thorough understanding of financial data governance. Ability to connect with senior level stakeholders as well as international global banking stakeholders.
Typical Day in Role:
• Manage the All- Bank Monthly GL Attestation Process
•Finalize ownership master file for all transit owners summarized with OBI balances. Update ownership template file for upload on the GL Attestation Tool and perform ongoing monthly maintenance to update transit owners and re-assignments. Provide ongoing training and guidance of the GL Attestation Tool to all attestation owners.
•Perform extracts from OBI for all balance sheet and income statement transits in Canadian Dollar and Functional Currency. Refine and updated transit ownership master file with transit owners, business units along with business line tree. Create Data Files for all Attestation Owners reviewing ownerships and create customized individual emails with attestation forms
•Send sub-attestation communication for specific GL accounts, monthly FX attestations and quarterly PCL/ACL attestation to owners with individual attestation data files
•Review responses, follow-up for delays, escalate for further clarification for attestations with exceptions such as differences, incomplete attestations, etc. Support attestation owners with GL attestation related questions and clarifications
•Consolidate attestation results for the month and prepare GL Attestation Committee Deck.
• Design and execute the testing strategies for internal controls for financial and regulatory reporting across Global Finance geographies
• Plans the execution of business unit compliance testing program to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper business practices.
• Plan testing of internal controls. Applying risk analysis principles, determine the scope, including focus, objectives, and rationale, and update the scope as needed.
• Develop testing strategies, including procedures and selection of samples, sample size, and rationale. Perform testing according to the testing plan. Evaluate controls, identifying risks appropriately. Revise review programs as needed to accomplish objectives.
• Conduct and manage documentation of the review process. Prepare working papers, ensure that documentation appropriately supports the testing conclusions, and update process flows and describe major processes within the area being reviewed, where needed.
• Analyze the results of testing and review activities. Analyze exceptions and make recommendations to enhance internal controls and/or increase the efficiency of operations.
• Ensure that testing is accurate, complete, and in accordance with standards and protocols. • Communicate test/review results and issues/concerns to management at the source and/or enterprise level, validating and recommending resolutions to issues.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of experience in banking industry in a finance type of role
2) Knowledge and experience with VISIO and process mapping
3) Excellent working knowledge of project management practices and software
4) Proven knowledge of general ledgers, attestation, and reconciliation processes
5) Proven knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting and internal controls
1) Bilingual in Spanish
2) Experience in audit and/or compliance an asset
Soft Skills Required:
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one time.
• Strong ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
• Strong knowledge of financial markets, and reporting of financial data
Post graduate in accounting or related financial discipline required
CPA/CFA designations an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 rounds – 45 minutes video interviews
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP