Location Address: WFH until further notice – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 830 – 5pm
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Regulatory Reporting – The Regulatory Reporting team manages and oversees financial regulatory reporting for the Bank and assigned subsidiaries. This includes: governance of the process, including monitoring all Bank compliance with filing requirements; change and project management for new or enhanced returns; relationship management with regulators (e.g. Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions, Bank of Canada, and Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation), internal information providers and other stakeholders (such as the Canadian Bankers Association); and, meeting monthly, quarterly and annual filing requirements for the team’s returns.
Project: Prepare and submit returns
Candidate Value Proposition: Great opportunity to gain experience in Regulatory reporting.
Typical Day in Role:
• Prepare and submits a subset of the team’s returns including Geographical Data of Assets and Liabilities (GDAL) and Mortgage Loans Report (E2/ES), ensuring complete, accurate and timely completion in accordance with instructions provided by regulators as well as established procedures and deadlines.
• Review of variances and other unusual items with escalation and explanation to management and regulators, as required.
• Interaction with internal data providers to ensure data meets filing requirements
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 3-4 years of previous Financial Analyst experience within accounting and reporting
2. Basic ability to perform business trends and variance analyses
3. Basic knowledge of Accounting principles
• IFRS accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data
• Previous experience within banking and regulatory background
• Basic knowledge of federal, regulators, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Enterprise General Ledger (EGL), Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI), Cognos Data Management (CDM), GDAL and AXIOM.
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking
• Basic ability to work independently
• Multitask with time constraints and conflicting timelines.
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required
Candidate Review & Selection:
1 interview with Senior Manager and Director– Video – 30 minutes
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP