Location Address: WFH until further notice – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months – possibility for extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 830- 5 with 1 hr break.
Reason: Additional work load
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Chart Strategy & Governance and GET Finance –Provides financial and analytical support to Global Engineering Operations and Functions (GEOF), as well as to business line management.
Project: Candidate will be working on planning, forecasting and accruals.
Candidate Value Proposition: Will have exposure Technology transits. Exposure to Senior Level Executives – VPs, directors, understand their financials. Typical finance role.
Typical Day in Role:
• Review financials for GEOF transits
• Planning and Forecasting for GEOF transits.
• Operating expenses monthly reporting and accruals.
• Payment of GEOF invoices
• Other tasks as assigned
• Prepare, review, and analyze transit invoices, using the Bank’s internal management information systems to identify variances to budget and reporting problems.
• Assist in other areas of Finance Administration such as budgeting and expense tracking
• Complete ad-hoc assignments as requested
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience as a Financial Analyst
2. Knowledge of financial accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
3. Previous experience with financial analysis, budgeting and accruals
4. Accounting designation or working towards
1. OBI/Smartview and any other financial tools
Soft Skills Required:
• Good proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
• A team player able to carry out a deep dive on various tasks
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• The ability to communicate, both orally and in written form, with individuals at different levels and a variety of skill-sets and organizational perspectives.
• Ability to take instructions, interpret requirements and carry out various tasks at hand in an aggressive yet friendly atmosphere.
• Highly flexible, detail-oriented, and able to cope with changing priorities and to multi-task under tight deadlines and deliver with a great amount of accuracy and completeness.
• Excellent attention to details and time management skills.
• Solid business acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting.
Completion or enrolment in an accounting program is preferred (i.e. CPA, MBA).
Candidate Review & Selection
2 video interviews 30 minutes with Senior Manger and Director
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
Additional notes: Candidate must be able to start ASAP