Nexus is hiring on behalf of a leading oil and gas producer client based in Calgary.
Job Title : Field Support Analyst 11932
Job Duration : Full Time
Job Location : Grande Prairie, AB
Job Brief : Reporting to the IS Field Support Supervisor, the IS Field
Support Analyst will provide hardware and software support for remote field offices and sites in the Swan Hills, Slave Lake, Wabasca, Red Earth and Peace River areas of Alberta.
This position is based in the field. Grande Prairie is the preferred location.
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – RELOCATION
Job Responsibility: This position is focused on the support of IS systems in multiple remote field locations. Significant travel to these locations will be required in order to directly support stakeholders from a variety of user groups (Management, Operations Engineering etc.). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing third level IT support to field users
- Assisting Microsoft network analysts in Server maintenance (HP Servers)
- Assisting in the support of the Wireless Ethernet network
- Assisting in the support of the network infrastructure (Cisco equipment)
- Support SCADA infrastructure
- Perform project work to evaluate and/or implement software/hardware installations
- Maintaining field company standards across all offices
- Producing and maintaining up-to-date field documentation
- Regular travel to remote locations (sometimes by small aircraft), as well as scheduled monthly travel to major field offices. Will operate company and rental vehicles and submit expense claims for reimbursement; a valid driver’s license is required.
- Assisting with software update distributions (major roll-outs, satellite locations)
- Physical deployment of workstations (some lifting of PCs and hardware required)
- Providing hardware support as required
- Installing new networking facilities to new locations
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- Typically at least 3 to 5 years of solid IT support experience
- University degree or technical school diploma
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with Windows XP workstation, Windows7, PC and printer hardware is critical
- IT field experience, SCADA experience in software such as VTSCADA, FactoryLink, RSLinx, Wonderware, experience in serial to IP converters, Microwave and 900Mhz radios and certification such as MCSE, CNE, CNA and ITIL will be considered strong assets
- Team player who understands the importance of providing superior customer service
- Solid understanding of various oil and gas exploration development and production applications is an asset
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing skills, with the ability to complete tasks within assigned timelines as well as strong analytical and problem-solving abilities .
- Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to a proven ability to work effectively both independently and take direction within a team environment.