Job Posting Title: ETL Developer (IBM DataStage)
Contract duration: 6 months – 02/01/2021 to 07/30/2021 + chance of extension
Location: WFH (Toronto, ON)
Project: The ETL Developer will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects; the candidate will analyze data sources, map the data as per business needs, create technical specifications and work with the developers to transform data to meet business requirements
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge technology in a large enterprise environment. Supporting multiple business lines, the candidate will be exposed to various groups within Wealth Management.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible • Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data • Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications • Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team • Has some hands-on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology in team and organization standards.
• Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
• Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business • Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product • Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years of ETL experience using ETL tools specifically IBM DataStage.
2) 5 + years reading and writing SQL Queries
3) 3 to 5+ years’ experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
4) 3 + years’ experience working in Agile / Lean delivery teams
– Wealth management Industry exp. is a plus
– Technical Leadership exp. is a plus and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required