Location: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: ASAP to 10/31/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
• Business group: The Wealth ETL team within the Wealth Management technology area is key to meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Wealth Management.
• Project: The ETL Developer will be joining a team that is key in sourcing the data from the key wealth systems and transforming the data to meet the business objectives. Working on multiple projects; the candidate will analyze data sources, map the data as per business needs, create technical specifications and work with the developers to transform data to meet business requirements
• Reason for request: backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will be working with cutting edge technology in a large enterprise environment. Supporting multiple business lines, the candidate will be exposed to various groups within Wealth Management.
Typical Day in Role
• Develop ETL code and build packages based on existing standards and suggest improvements when possible
• Leading development efforts in ingesting and transforming data from various sources. Building scripts, writing specifications and responsible for end to end delivery of data
• Develop and test code from design specifications, as well as implement and support enhancements to applications
• Provide technical expertise in medium to complex projects as a Technical Lead capable of providing guidance and advise to the team
• Has some hands-on experience working in an agile environment and knowledge of waterfall as a methodology in team and organization standards.
• Works in close collaboration with Architects and other cross functional team members in creating design documents, outlining overview, diagrams, technical requirements and solution that best addresses a business needs.
• Participate in technical discussions, client meetings and presentation of solutions to the technical team members as well as Business
• Participate in code review of peers and junior team members and recommend suggestions for improvement where appropriate to ensure high quality product
• Provide leadership in production support issues and carry after-hours support phone on a rotational basis
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7+ years of ETL experience using ETL tools specifically Talend.
2) 5 + years reading and writing SQL Queries
3) 3 to 5+ years’ experience with relational databases with a good knowledge of SQL Scripting, database structures, principles and design theories is a must have
4) 3 + years’ experience working in Agile / Lean delivery teams
– Wealth management Industry exp. is a plus
– Technical Leadership exp. is a plus and will be prioritized
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: Technical interview, followed by team panel interview for top candidates.