ETL Data Engineer x 2
Typical Day in Role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Development of Enterprise Compliance and Regulatory Systems, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• Implementing data ingestion pipelines / DevOps (on prem and Azure cloud) to move data from source systems to our central data warehouse
• Developing SQL queries / ETL packages using T-SQL and SSIS to ingest data from source systems to integrate with data warehouse
• Develop custom reports, analytics and KPI’s for the Business and Collecting business requirements / user stories from clients
• Complete testing to ensure high quality product for clients
• Developing SQL views to enable data consumers to read data from data warehouse
• Integrate systems via REST API, database views, SharePoint lists, sFTP, etc
• Responsible for documenting databases, data process flows and maintain data dictionaries
• Troubleshoot and resolve database and applications defects in a timely manner. Consult with internal and external groups as required
• Coordinating code deployments / production implementations.
• Train and assist users at all levels
• Design and development of high quality dashboards / reports using tools like Power BI, SSRS, Excel/PowerPivot and Tableau.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of experience with Microsoft BI stack SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS development required
2. 5+ years of experience with data warehouse, ETL, SSIS to move data / integrate systems required
3. 5+ years of experience with databases, data modeling design required
4. Experience with SDLC methodologies e.g. Agile / Waterfall
• Experience with Azure Data / Synapse / EDL / Hadoop / Hive / Jupyter Notebooks / Tableau
• Knowledge on Banking / Risk related systems
• Experience developing code to consuming REST API services
• Experience integrating systems with COTS Commercial Off The Shelf software packages
• Experience with implementing DevOps / MS Azure Cloud services, Google Cloud Platform etc.
• Experience with web development (in ASP.NET / SharePoint / Power Apps / Power Platform)
• Experience working with SFTP File transfers
• Expertise with data visualization / BI tools e.g. Power BI, SSRS
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Attention to detail and feedback from clients on dashboards and reports must be completed rapidly
• Post-secondary degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related IT field required