Job Title: Application Support(FX-Trading Systems- Capital Market)
Duration: 6 Months
Work Location: Toronto, ON
Our client is looking for an Application Support Specialist/.The successful candidate will be actively involved in supporting, maintaining, and enhancing FX trading development environments. During which they will be responsible for collaborating and communicating with various teams such as: Front Office, Regulatory Development Programs, Trade Floor Supervision, Market Risk, Global Middle Office, Back Office, and various consulting firms. The applications being supported will be Wallstreet and Murex.
• Monitor and maintain Wallstreet and Murex FX trading development environments.
• Responsible for mitigating issues in said environments and working with vendors as necessary to permanently resolve issues.
• Liaise with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
• Work with development teams to align environments with project timelines for testing purposes
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets to help provide environment stability in a proactive manor
• Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
• Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
• Plan and assist in production deployments (in conjunction with the development team).
• Collaborates efficiently and effectively with several stakeholders including dev team members to drive deliverables.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation for tickets, deployments, environments, procedures, etc.
• Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at Client company, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
• Good planning, time management, documentation skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong analytical, problem solving skills.
• Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
• Great written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment covering a portfolio of projects
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in Unix/MQ/Oracle
• Strong business knowledge and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
• Understands xml and messaging layer components. In particular MQ
Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
• Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle is an asset
• Proficient in Unix, SQL and Windows OS
JIRA ticket management knowledge is an asset