Location Address: Toronto, Currently WFH
Contract Duration: 5/1/21 – 1 year
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Operating Practices – These roles support the training workstream for a large Canadian Banking regulatory bank act project. There are 14 different workstreams on this project that are making changes to process and systems to be in government compliance by April 1. 2022. This project impacts around 20,000 employees. The project is owned by the Canada Banking Operating Practices regulatory and policy group.
Project: Consumer Protection Workstream, Regulatory Project.
Responsible for performing functional and system integration Quality Assurance (QA) tests of digital learning assets. This role ensures testing activities are delivered in line with established guidelines and standards by Learning COEs and Learning Operations.
Candidate Value Proposition: An opportunity to be part of a fast paced project that is really important to the Bank and its customers. The work will be very team oriented with all roles working together to build the appropriate training. The work will demand an agility factor as there will be opportunities (planned and unplanned) to pivot from the expected course of action, and demand creative thinking to find alternate ways to meet the training expectation in a fast and effective way.
Typical Day in Role:
– Manages and supports QA activities
– Responsible for meeting established SLAs
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
– Works with Learning Developers to perform quality assurance checks of eLearning assets according to established guidelines, policies and standards
– Collaborates in the creation of test plans and provide testing insights for ongoing projects and future initiatives
– Delivers effective and efficient quality assurance checks by meeting key project milestones while adhering to quality standards
– Troubleshoots and document issues during testing
– Produces internal documentation for QA as required
– Works with Developers and LMS Specialists/ Technologist to resolve any technical issues with the web-based training course or its performance within the LMS
– Monitors activity, progress, and time related to quality assurance checks using a project planning tool
– Supports the LMS Specialists/ Technologist in the data cleanup of the LMS according to established guidelines, policies and standards
– Assists Administrative Support Officers and LMS Specialists/ Technologist with the set-up of identified items and scheduled offerings in the Learning Management System during high project volumes
– Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 years minimum – Experience testing accessibility of web applications
2) 5 years of Testing Experience – run tests, detail results, work in a system testing environment
1) Experience using screen reader (JAWS)
Soft Skills Required:
1) Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
2) High aptitude for managing and solving tactical issues.
3) Willingness and ability to accommodate different time zones.
4) Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within the organization, internally and externally.
5) Strong organizational and communication skills
6) Resiliency – Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-project environment
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or certificate in Technology and/or Media