Job Title: Director Marketing, Retail Insurance
Location: Toronto, ON – WFH
Duration: 12 months
Creativity. Strategy. Nimbleness. Team. It’s what powers us and sets us apart from traditional FI’s. We’re on a mission to modernize the insurance industry and set our business apart from traditional Financial Institutions using a fresh marketing approach. With transformational leadership and a highly innovative and integrated Marketing organization it’s an exciting time to be in Marketing at Manulife! This leadership role is an incredible opportunity to have significant, transformational impact on the organization and business.
Under the leadership of the AVP Marketing for Individual Insurance, and part of an evolving customer centric organization, you’ll join one of industry leading businesses. With an expectation of continued growth, you’ll focus on providing a consistent Advisor and Consumer experience across retail insurance to grow individual insurance products. As the Marketing lead for Retail Insurance, you’ll be leading in a fast-paced matrix environment driven to grow business with existing advisors and acquire new advisors selling with Manulife through B2B and B2C channels. You’ll be working closely with business and agency partners to meet real time delivery needs that hit sales targets.
As Director Marketing, you’re a leader who brings visionary thinking and excels in rallying and inspiring teams to win, learn and have fun. Being highly collaborative, working well with cross-functional partners and being able to navigate and get the best out of teams in a matrix environment is essential. Effective communication of vision and leading through people for impact will be critical to delivering results.
• Work closely with Research & Insights team to enhance understanding of advisor and customer perceptions, preferences and behaviours with emphasis on priority segments?
• Translate core insights into actionable marketing briefs that ensure insight driven Marketing?
• Leverage advisor journey as an opportunity to turn intentions into action?
• Unlock competitive insights through analysis to ensure differentiated Marketing campaigns?
Brand Strategy and Activation
• Work with Canadian Division Marketing lead to activate the company brand mission across touch points in the advisor and customer journey?
• Lead the Retail Insurance Marketing content strategy across digital and social channels?
• Work with agency partners to set creative/media strategy and build into integrated campaigns?
• Drive brand consistency and governance working with Canadian Division Marketing lead?
Marketing Planning & Activation
• Lead end-to-end Marketing Planning from vision, to strategies and initiatives that drive business results via breakthrough thought leadership, activation, and business efficiencies?
• Lead and deliver fully integrated 360 Marketing campaigns for key Retail Insurance priorities with a focus on B2B tactics?
• Work collaboratively with cross functional and agency partners to develop integrated plans that transcend across advisor and end client channels across multiple media forms?
Measurement & Budgeting
• Work with business teams to ensure clear understanding of financial targets and build upstream into Marketing planning process?
• Own and manage Marketing spend through budget management and ROI measurement to deliver revenue and earnings targets?
• Work with Digital Analytics and Research & Insight teams to measure campaign effectiveness, while optimizing through real time Marketing approach?
People Leadership and Development
• Effectively establish and work with teams across multiple functions?
• Deliver strong coaching and mentorship with focus on building personal development plans?
• Build culture and employee engagement to create a better Marketing organization and a high performing team through key initiatives that build a better Marketing organization?
• Minimum of 8 years progressive strategic marketing experience, specifically in B2B marketing?
• Demonstrated leadership in Marketing strategy & planning and experience in delivering fully integrated best in class, results driven advisor-targeted Marketing campaigns?
• Innovative thought leadership; doubt convention with ability to drive organizational change?
• Strong business acumen and able to shift comfortably from strategy to execution to drive results?
• Knowledge and experience in unlocking advisor, consumer and competitive insight driven Marketing?
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on being a leader and team player with the ability to foster and maintain relationships in a matrix organization?
• Strong builder of people and teams with ability to rally and business teams around a common vision?
• Strong organizational agility, being able to manage up and elevate Marketing in the organization through vision and strategic plans?
• Strategic Marketing: Marketing anchored in business strategy driving to best in class Marketing?
• B2B Marketing: Proficient in B2B Marketing tactics and analytics?
• ROMI: Analytical capability working with Research & Insights / Finance / BU Marketing?
• Digital and Social Activation: Innovative digital and social go-to-market activation capability?
• Sponsorship/PR: Work with Sponsorship and PR to deliver activation accelerant?
• University Degree: Business, Marketing, or Communication is preferred?