Job Title: Direct Marketing Consultant-Intermediate
Duration: 6 Months
The Targeted Marketing professional, International Banking works with the Sr. Manager Targeted Marketing to manage the development and execution of regional and local data driven, customer focused, targeted marketing strategies that support acquisition, cross-sell, usage, engagement and retention goals of the Caribbean retail banking customers and segments.
Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Leads the end-to-end planning, development and execution of multi-faceted targeted marketing initiatives across multiple channels (email, direct mail, call centre, branch, social media/web, mobile/online banking, SMS) and marketing disciplines, to deliver on a mix of product and channel sales goals.
• Contributes to the strategy development of annual and on-going Targeted Marketing plans for the Caribbean region, to support all Retail Banking products and segment objectives, by maintaining full knowledge of business lines strategies, goals, products and sales processes. Ensures plans are integrated with regional and local advertising strategy to optimize marketing strategy, customer experience and investment.
• Helps to identify, conceptualize and develop recommendations for customer lifecycle interactions strategies and initiatives that deliver on specific business objectives, in a fast evolving digital marketing landscape.
• Leads the project management of Targeted Marketing campaigns across dynamic cross-functional teams that include; Customer Relationship Management (CRM), IT, .com, Digital Banking units, Business Lines, marketing agencies and vendors, to deliver programs that support an optimized omni-channel customer experience.
• Evaluates the channel mix for each campaign based on the most appropriate campaign-specific criteria, including customer segmentation and relationship management strategies; past campaign results by channel and customer segment; and channel platform capabilities, sales goals and channel resource capacity.
• Manages the creative development process with marketing agency, including developing and delivering agency briefings, approving expenditures and timelines and guiding the development of content, visuals and legal requirements for direct mail/email creative; Analyzing past campaigns, identifying strategies and tactics to provide recommendations that drive growth.
• Overseas production of marketing materials as well as providing sign-off responsibility on final proofs.
• Champions the voice of the customer, ensuring that short term business line goals are not attained at the long term expense of the customer.
• This position requires a unique combination of database, creative, business, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Supports all Retail Banking business lines and segments in the International Banking Caribbean markets.
• Contributes to the planning, management, tracking and reporting of the targeted marketing annual budget of ~2MM.
• Spans all digital and non-digital data driven, targeted marketing disciplines across the customer lifecycle; acquisition, cross-sell, usage, engagement/loyalty, retention
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
Relevant skills and experience includes:
• Strong project management, multi-tasking and time management abilities.
• Excellent relationship building skills to develop and maintain internal and external network of contacts
• Strong communication skills; ability to convey complex matters in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to work independently with moderate specific guidance
• Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices in DM strategies and tactics and channels which may include email, direct mail, call centre, social media/web, mobile/online banking, SMS and branch.
• Strong working knowledge or understanding of other marketing/communication disciplines, including digital marketing, mass advertising (television, print), and market research
• A solid understanding of the Bank’s and competitors’ banking products and services
• Knowledge of issues, opportunities and operational realities of a retail financial services environment
• Must have at least four years of experience in direct response marketing which would include customer targeting, offer management, test methodology, reporting and direct response strategies and techniques.