Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Come help us change how hotels market themselves. We’re looking for passionate, creative operations engineers who are excited about solving problems and working with some of the latest technology.
As a DevOps engineer, you will get your hands dirty working with AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and more.
You’ll be joining a team that is passionate about what we’re doing and the results of what we do can be seen and experienced by the millions of online travel shoppers. You may have even experienced some of our products and technology already while researching vacations or business travel.
- Working as part of the team managing our AWS environments; including setup, management, and troubleshooting
- Working as part of the team to improve our tools that streamline the development lifecycle, including building, testing, integrating, and deploying software artifacts and infrastructure
- Responsible for ensuring our development team can deploy code quickly, reliably, and securely
- Evaluating new technologies and making recommendations on their integration
- Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Take part in resolving escalated customer support incidents
- Analyzing and resolving incidents in a timely manner to minimize downtime to all clients while coordinating and communicating with impacted stakeholders
- Planning and managing assigned activities with an emphasis on quality, deadlines, and budget
We expect to see:
- Intermediate experience with AWS
- Intermediate experience working with infrastructure-as-code technologies (Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
- Solid programming skills and a track record of getting stuff done in:
- Python, Bash, Java, Java Script, AWS CLI
- Intermediate Linux troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate experience with containers and automation tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab
- Strong background in fundamental SaaS environment practices, including: maintaining SLAs, load-balancing, high availability
- Strong background in system management in a SaaS environment, including: operating system patching, networking, SAN, security management/patching
- Ability to use system tools to troubleshoot issues
- Understanding of or experience with monitoring tools
- Willingness to work flexible hours when necessary and be part of an on-call rotation