Duration: ASAP – August 28th + extension
Location: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Group is responsible for all the investment products for Canadian Banking. They support all Regulatory and Maintenance projects and ensure steady state activity to support Investment platform.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage with multiple business lines Globally, while building new pipelines utilizing DevOps technology.
Typical Day in Role:
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology Product life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
• Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
• Create and Support Test Automation and Continuous Integration & Deployment methodology/tooling and environment.
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
• Create documentation such operational support documents.
Must have Skills:
(3 + years' experience)
1. Working experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms, a good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time. (minimum 1-2 Recent projects)
2. Working experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools. (minimum 1-2 Recent projects)
3. Strong Linux system administration skills. (minimum 1-2 Recent projects)
4. Experience with version control systems such as Git, and bit bucket, and other CICD dev tools such as Jira, Jenkins and Gradle (minimum 1-2 Recent projects)
• Good organization skills to self organize and maintain the multiple environments that they are supporting
• Good communication skills to support and work with development teams from different business lines
Nice to have :
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Google Cloud, Azure, AWS is required)
• Working experience with Service Now
• Knowledge of Unix commands *nice to have skill
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Math, Finance, Computer science, Computer engineering or related field required