Contract – August 2018 to July 2019
Location – Mississauga
Top skills that must be seen on the resume –
ETL / Datawarehousing Experience,
Experience with Visual Insights tools (Microstrategy, Tableau, SAS, etc), Coding – SQL, R, Python, Java
Database skills – Microsoft SQLL= servers, Oracle
Company’s Network Big Data Centre of Excellence is a newly formed team focused on utilizing Big Data and advanced analytics technologies to help Company maintain the “Best Network” standing as well as evolve the Company Network to support advanced solutions.
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated data and analytics professional to join a fast growing team of Big Data, Hadoop, and analytics experts to design, develop data solution to support the entire Company Network community.
• Work with Network Big Data CoE team members, Network Engineering, Operations as well as other Company Businesses to understand and analyze business needs and design and develop data solutions by exploring data sources, analytics approaches to be used, e.g. mining, forecasting, visualization, etc. and execute to address the business needs
• Explore new sources of information to uncover new business opportunities at all levels of the business (strategic to operational)
• Exercise leading edge analytics skills in data visualization, mining, forecasting, etc. to address business needs
• Work with and present to all management levels
• Maintain and expand your knowledge of BI and current technology through training opportunities
• Work in an agile environment and contribute to the improvement of our development processes
• A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, math, applied science / engineering, or equivalent
• A must have advanced level skills with multiple analytical tools such as SAS, Microstrategy, R, SAP Business Objects, Tableau etc
• 5 to 8 years of great working experience using MicroStrategy suite of products (current version 10.2).
• 5 to 8 years of great working experience administrating MicroStrategy suite of products.
• Advanced skills with SQL and database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
• Experience with ETL technologies and approaches
• Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
• Ability to leverage insights and opportunities from data and metrics to build strategies and make recommendations
• Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, Big Data and/or software development, and/or developing visualization tools
• Ability to work with a team towards common goals
• Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
• Statistics and math background.
• Experience in Telecom or IT is a strong asset.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)