Location Address: WFH – Office: Scarborough
Contract Duration: 3 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm
Extension/FTE: Yes, depending on performance
Story Behind the Need:
• The Cryptography team is looking for a Development/Technical Lead to assist in managing product and service delivery for the Security Engineering practice. Ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. The role contributes to and facilitate cross department collaboration with a goal or arriving at strategic Security Engineering decisions, with a focus on practical security and manage communication to executive management. In additional ensuring all activities conducted follow and comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience working with Cloud technology and Cyber Security Cloud Control in one of the top 5 banks in Canada. There will also be a possibility for extension and conversion to full time employment.
Typical Day in Role:
• Foster a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Assist Products and Services Delivery for Security Engineering which includes intake, product launch, stakeholder management and measuring the effectiveness of services.
• Work closely with Delivery Manager to facilitate cross-department strategic decisions and work with leaders in defining and building executive communication.
• Assist in managing budget, resource allocation, projects and ensure appropriate communication and stakeholder management is undertaken.
• Assist in the deliver projects to remediate IT Risk, Internal Audit and Regulatory (including OSFI) associated with Cloud Security Services.
• Foster stakeholders buy-in and relationships across IS&C and partner business lines Digital, GTS and Data Office.
• Work with Delivery Manager to assist with administering, organizing, and reviewing multi-million investments and ?10MM in operations annually.
• Perform day to day activities and decisions with consideration to the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with our clients Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment using a coaching mindset, behaviors and embracing our clients values and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
• Assist senior management with budgeting, estimations, and resource planning.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 7+ years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 5 years leading a team in a complex global organization.
2) 2+ years of running and delivering projects in excess of $5MM annually.
3) 2+ years in product and service management.
4) Strong knowledge of cloud development technologies and tools such as Containers, VMs and Micro services with proven experience with a cloud provider (Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure).
5) Good understanding of Security and IT service delivery and a solid understanding of mapping stakeholder requirements to results.
6) Experience with and knowledge of project methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and DevOps in delivering large scale solutions in an enterprise environment.
7) Has experience in Testing/System Integration/Reports and Web application development experience
• Broad understanding of Information Security and Technology domains with focus on the Financial Industry will be an asset.
• CSM, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK or ITIL.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills with the ability to summarize material for senior management.
• Excellent people management, coaching and leadership skills and experience.
• Ability to work for multiple projects simultaneously since they will be working in high scale projects
• Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Diploma or technical equivalent experience is required.
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round interview – Panel (1 hour)
• Possibility for 2nd round technical interview with Engineer