Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 2 months + potential for extension
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : The team is looking for a Development Support Lead that is able to help enhance client expectations and experience.
Job Responsibilities as a Support Lead:
The Support lead will be responsible for leading the maintenance, support and change control for one of the Bank's core operations.
The selected individual will lead and coordinate a team responsible for incident/problem management for all environments and supporting related production change activities.
The incumbent will perform a liaison role and ongoing interaction between various units including, but not limited to:
• Canadian Banking; Digital
• Technology partners;
• customer facing staff:
• QA departments
• Product groups
• handling production support as well as lower environments.
• On call support on a rotation basis.
This position will be focused on leadership, building knowledge base, managing various vendor relationships and the customer impact associated with scheduled and unscheduled production events.
Please be aware that there is the need to be on-call, and supervision of responsibilities outside of traditional working hours.
The team dynamic and work environment will be rewarding, and office hours can be flexible.
Typical day in the Role:
• Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and the relevant risk appetite statement and limits and communicate it throughout the team.
• Create an environment in which your team pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk and compliance
• Willingness to work outside of the traditional work week and requires continual shifting of priorities.
• Assist in the development of processes designed to report, analyze and resolve problems with the objective of mitigating the associated operational, reputational, financial, and regulatory risks.
• Demonstrate leadership abilities and collaborate effectively with various technology and product partners.
• Be curious as the skill set and product knowledge will be ever evolving
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, balance simultaneous priorities and make quick and sound decisions under pressure
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
1. Must have at least 2 years of prior Lead/Support experience within a large organization for complex IT Solutions.
2. Excellent knowledge of incident and problem management with understanding of ITIL service delivery methodology
3. Experience working with webservices and ETL tools
4. Maintain and control assigned implemented Canadian Banking systems (Host, Mid tier and cloud), processes and procedures by maintaining an expert knowledge
5. At least 3 years of prior work experience with Service Now and Confluence or other enterprise support platforms
6. Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL
7. Good understanding of Agile delivery framework in order to support both SDLC waterfall and agile projects effectively
Soft Skill Must Have:
• Strong business analysis skills towards documenting operational processes, creating knowledge base and standard of work
• Strong logical thinking in understanding end to end use cases, as well as mapping them to system flows
• Effective communication and diplomacy skills are required to liaise between groups of varying technical expertise and interests.
Nice to have:
1. Prior Banking or FI background
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required