Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Project: The successful candidate will be joining a new project focused on migrating existing Digital Online Functionality to a cloud-based environment.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting new project integrating cutting edge technology in an agile lab environment. Working in a collaborative environment, the candidates will work autonomously while working in a supportive environment.
Typical Day in Role:
• Developing new user-facing features using React.js
• Building reusable, scalable, robust components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
• Working closely with architect, UX designer, other developers and product owner on software architecture, design, dependencies and codes maintainability
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills (points 1 and 2 are key skillsets):
1) 3 + years of experience of React.js and its core principles, and React ecosystem JSX of react components life cycle.
2) 3 + years of experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
4) 2 + years’ experience (1 or 2 recent projects) on front end optimization techniques such as Lazy Loading, Asynchronous Module Definition, Callback and Promises, Closures, Image Compression
5) 2 + year experience and good knowledge of NodeJS (Yarn) to NPM registry libraries/packages.
6) Strong working experience building for mobile web (such as Mobile First, Responsive and PWA)
7) Development working experience in Cloud based (GCP or Azure)
8) Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians and Disability Act (AODA) and related Regulations and standards.
9) Experience with writing unit tests with JEST, Enzyme
– Familiarity with RESTful APIs, GraphQL and ExpressJS framework
– Experience with Continuous Development or Continuous Integration is a plus
– Experience and knowledge of isomorphic React and babel React webpack are pluses
– Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token are a plus
– Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required