Job Posting Title: Developer – Node.js & Microservices
Location Address: WFH (Toronto, ON)
Contract Duration: 1 year Number of Positions: 1
Hours: 37.5 hours / week
Story Behind the Need
• Project: The project has just started and is anticipated to take upwards of a year and a half to complete.
• Reason for request: Project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a challenging project, utilizing new technology stack with a focused, talented group of developers, business users and architects.
Typical Day in Role
• Collaborating closely with a team of backend API developers, Android & iOS app developers, business system analysts, and architects to work on both new features and incremental improvements to the bank’s flagship mobile app and provide your technical expertise towards success of the development team • Working with product owners, business system analysts, architects, and other technical leads to solution new features reviewing pull requests in Bitbucket • Working on sprint tasks i.e. coding solutions, helping to triage any issues our quality assurance testers may find, or any issue raised by production support • Communicating closely with the team on Slack throughout the day
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3 + years of NodeJS & microservices development with real-time applications and deploying them in cloud (native or hybrid) environments
2) Recent (min 1-2 projects) REST API design using Open API Specifications that are tracked
3) Recent (min 1 project) experience with at least one NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS
4) 4 + years’ Agile and lean project experience – strong understanding of Agile methodology and process
5) Good communication and teamwork skills to work with multiple groups across the bank, gathering requirements
• Bonus points for knowledge of and experience with TypeScript • Knowledge of containerization technologies -Docker & Microsoft Azure cloud platform is a plus • You’ve used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Yarn, Lerna, Linters & Loggers) • You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications and know various authentication standards such as OAuth and OIDC • You have experience with creating robust, highly available & highly scalable applications serving million plus customers/end users • You have knowledge of DevOps principles such as CI/CD and have the willingness to get your hands dirty with managing Jenkins pipelines & security scanners • You know and have hands on experience with different programming paradigms such as Object Oriented programming, Functional programming
Are you the right person for this role?
• You’re interested in working on a large-scale product and enriching the banking experience for millions of customers • You have the patience to work on a large-scale product as part of a big organization • You’re comfortable with new technologies • You have a deep pride in your craft • You enjoy thinking outside the box • You’re flexible and able to pivot and adapt to change • You’re accountable for and take ownership of your work • You're eager to learn, mentor, and share your ideas in a team environment • You have open and transparent communication, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms • You understand that software development is a collaborative effort, and enjoy working alongside people with different skillsets
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: Skype for business (1 technical; 1 meet the business) • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP