Developer – Java/Spring/Hibernate
Typical Day in Role:
• Development and support of a high-volume, low-latency trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Hold meetings for issue investigations and solutions
• Timely response on critical production problems.
• Join scrum meetings and provide status update
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
• Guide team members through technical issues and challenges
• Champions a high-performance environment using a coaching mindset, behaviors and embracing our values and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate (in order of priority)
2. 3+ years experience of using DevOps tools for Micro Services development: Kubernetes, Kafka, Redis, Prometheus, Grafana etc. With hands on experience in setting up DevOps infrastructure, including above tools.
3. Strong experience with relational or no sql databases
4. Proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
5. Previous experience developing high-volume, low-latency systems.
6. Experience of leading a team in development work
• Broad understanding of Information Security and Technology domains with focus on the Financial Industry will be an asset
• Capital Markets experience, in trading or analytical platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills with the ability to summarize material for senior management.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent