Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months
Your Business Line: Risk and finance application team. Generate reports for the banks regarding regulatory capital.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : this developer will be assisting end to end development of building a solution for a portfolio that we need to implement into our reporting systems
Typical day in the Role:
– day to day development
– understanding requirements to understand business
– working with BAs to build solutions
– testing solutions
– integrating within the system
– automation required. Complete development life cycle
– Develop, designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
– Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
– Create and maintain software documentation
– Working with ETL Developers, AxiomSL Developers
– Configuring system to ensure data points are in the system
Qualifications of Must have skills for Developers
1. At least 3+ years of experience using Python and Java
2. 5+ years will SSIS/SSRS, SQL Server and Windows
3. 2+ year of hands on experience with database technology MSSQL (query tables, perform financial and risk calculations)
4. 2+ years of experience with DevOps, Docker container build, API creations.
5. 2+ year experience of converting Excel solutions to java/python solution.
Nice to have skills:
1. Understanding of Jira and Confluence
2. Experience within Networking
3. FI or Banking experience would be a really big asset.
4. ETL/Big Data tools(eg DataStage) experience would be an asset
5. Experience with R Language.
Education : Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required