Developer- Java/ Python
Typical Day in Role
The candidate will be responsible for the effective design, development, and delivery of highly complex applications with focus on accuracy, performance, security and user experience. Utilizing a variety of technologies stack including Java, Oracle PL/SQL, Python, .NET, Airflow and more, and with application deployed on private and public cloud (Azure).
• Work with Sr. Management/Director of the team to drive strategy to transform and modernize our market risk management platforms using new technologies and tools available that best support the business needs and growth.
• Participate in the design, development and implementation of effective and quality solutions that resolve highly complex business problems and support business needs.
• Utilize diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancements of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective. This could include overhauling our legacy Oracle batch process, legacy C#.net implementation and migrate it to refactor RWH Oracle work process as well as Risk Limit Client 2.0 (Python Platform).
• Ensure that delivery meets the integrity, quality, performance and reliability requirements by building automated testing and regression suites and use of DevOps principles.
• To coordinate infrastructure needs for requisitioning Unix and Windows Servers, Cloud based infrastructure, databases and assist actively with documentational requirements covering architecture, security and operational readiness.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Have broad and deep technical knowledge, typically ranging from front-end UIs through to back-end systems
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years of strong development experience in Java and/or Python
• 5+ years of RDBMS Oracle or Postgres DB.
• 3+ years of experience working with fluency on Linux environment with Linux command line, and shell script.
• 2+ years of experience in Java or Python with knowledge of at least one web framework (e.g. Flask or SpringBoot).
• Experience with DevOps and continuous delivery and deployment methodologies such as bitbucket, Microsoft TFS, or Jenkins.
• Experience in .Net is an asset
• Experience with cloud based application and microservices (Azure or GCP) would be an asset.
• Exposure to Apache Airflow would be an asset
• Market risk or financial risk experience is a nice to have
• Motivated individual to be able to take up leadership responsibilities
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.