Contract Length: 10 months
Location: Hybrid (1 day a month but may change in the new year)
Ext – Yes
Business Group: Technology Program Office is currently overseeing multiple aspects of a large data migration project.
Project: The Enterprise Data Lake Migration project is early in its project lifecycle and the team is looking to add 4 junior developers who will be running automated scripts. These scripts will be created by more senior team members.
Reason for request: Additional support needed for large project to assist with ensuring data is migrated correctly
Candidate Value Proposition: The successful candidates will be working on a large multiple team project with one of Canada’s top banks. The team is open to recent graduates so this would be a great opportunity for someone looking to build their experience.
– Working with vendors to ensure data is accurate
– Running automated scripts
– Comparing data before and after migration to ensure it was done so correctly
– Working with the larger team to meet business needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– A post-secondary diploma/degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, or a related field
– Hands on technical experience with Java, Python or Scala
– Experience in writing complex SQL Queries
– Familiar with Linux and shell scripting to automate any general admin and application backup
– Good communication skills (oral and written)
Nice to Have
– Prior experience working a co-op position
Additional Notes: HM is looking for entry level candidates and advises against experienced profiles as there will be a fair bit of repetition and believes an experienced developer would not be satisfied in the role
Candidate Review & Selection: 2 rounds of video interviews