Location Address: WFH, then Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Candidate Value Proposition:
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with different tech stacks, streaming technology opportunities, and will be part of the data hub team.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Communicating internally with their reporting manager, developers, BAs, different business units
• Building new code 60% of the time, and will be revising existing code 40% of the time. This is not a support role.
• Will operate independently, needs to be self motivated and seek solutions proactively.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 8+ years experience in data management domain
• 8+ years in Python, Shellscripts, SQL (post-gres)
• 3+ years Django Framework, REST API
• 2+ years NIFI
• Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
• Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC?
• Angular, Java, Scalar, and/or Spark experience
• Some capital markets experience would help but is not necessary
• Solution oriented
• Comfortable speaking to stakeholders: translating technical terminology to business terms so that other stakeholders understand updates and key messages.
Best vs Average: Expects leadership skills, ability to deliver on project items using the in-house tech stacks, and is hands-on in their approach to work. Hands-on experience in a professional environment using the relevant tech stack is necessary (more so than self-taught).
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required