Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking a developer to Contributes to the overall success of the Payment Screening, Financial Crimes Risk Management Technology in Canada / globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Working for bank in AML – the systems are the core critical information assets for payment sanctions screening – all payments come through this system at the bank – high visibility, high priority as payments do not go out of the bank without passing sanctions screenings
Typical Day in Role:
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Gather requirements, design and build new features
– Collaborate with the product owner, project manager and other relevant teams
– Ensure best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications
– Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
– Excellent understanding of developer life cycle and enterprise developer tools
– Production Support 24/7
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing applications, using modern web technologies and frameworks (Apache Strut, Spring and Hibernate
2) 5+ years of experience advanced knowledge of building and consuming web services, RESTful APIs, JSON and XML data payloads
3) 5+ years of experience with relational database tables, queries, functions and stored procedures (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
4) 5+ years of knowledge of UNIX-family operating systems, specifically Solaris
– Experience with DevOps, Jenkin and CI/CD would be an asset
– Working knowledge of Oracle products would be a great asset
– Strong communication, teamwork and problem-solving skills
– Availability for out of office hours support, must be available for 24/7 call-ins
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required