Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Your Business Line: Operation Design and Solutions- Responsible for rapid development and support for IO – International Business Governance
Story Behind the Need:
Project Summary: To design, build and support web applications that enable governance and executives’ decision-making.
1. Design, develop, implement and maintain user-facing applications, reusable code and libraries for future use, optimized for performance and scalability
2. Evaluate requirements to provide accurate assessments and effort estimations for web development tasks, based on business requirements
3. Build, maintain and support existing web applications in accordance with Architectural Review Board’s and IT Security requirements
4. Create multi-layer application designs, following requirements and bank’s organizational design patterns
5. Testing using proper use cases to guarantee correct functionality, consistency and to support minimal organizational risks.
6. Compliance with organizational policies, procedures in accordance with the Bank’s Enterprise Delivery Framework (EDF).
7. Write detailed technical documentation such as application design, operational procedures and user guides.
8. Develop pilots, proof of concepts and prototypes as required
9. Provide reliable and timely support for systems, as required
10. Problem resolutions of systems in accordance with agreed SLAs
11. Guarantee code updates in the Bank’s code repository
Experience and proficiency in both Python Django and SQL Server are a must for this role: This is the bread and butter of this position.
Must Have Qualifications:
1. At least 3+ years of experience as a software developer working with Python Django. Proficiency building complex web services and RESTful APIs.
2. At least 3+ years experience with MS SQL Server: stored procedures, functions, views, and SSMS.
Nice to have:
1. Experience with Windows Server environment and PowerShell scripting is an asset.
2. Experience deploying Python Django applications on IIS is an asset.
3. Spanish Speaking would be an asset
4. Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and automating tests using Selenium, Pytest, JEST, Jasmine, and other testing tools. Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT and Bitbucket.
5. Experience working in both traditional and agile project management settings. Solid understanding of PMI frameworks and its processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent