Location Address: WFH (Toronto when onsite)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group is working on a new ongoing project that will have a downstream impact on Wallstreet reporting.
• Project: The successful candidate will be extracting business data on Kafka and Elastic Search from oracle databases of Wallstreet FX trading. This ongoing project is expected to continue for 6 months to potentially 1 year and will be supporting the North America Market.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to significantly impact reporting processes within Capital Markets. Integrating new technology, this candidate will work with objects that promote reusability.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8 + years core Java Development (version 8.0 or above)
2) 3 + experience with Spring Framework
3) 3 + years experience with Kafka
4) Good communication skills to work cross-functionally with business users, product owners and project managers
– Recent Capital Markets Wall Street Systems experience is a plus and will be prioritized
– Nifi experience is nice to have
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required