Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : The team is responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading desk.
Typical Day in the role
The incumbent is responsible for the hands-on development and testing of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
– Implementing Java services that support trade booking or integrate with external market data vendors and electronic platforms using Straight-Through Processing. The role also includes database development, using a mix of SQL and noSQL technologies.
– Looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
– The incumbent must also possess a very good understanding of current IT practices, systems design and development techniques, including testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
1. Development of Java RESTful web services for trade booking and capture.
2. Development of Java integration services that extracts data from external market data sources or integrates with external execution platforms using an STP approach.
3. Database setup and development, using a mix of SQL and NoSQL databases
4. Assist with DevOps for automated build/ automated deployment to a Public Cloud infrastructure
5. Putting in place suitable non functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach
6. Hand off of production software to support team, initial production support for a limited warranty period
7. Preparation of specifications and documentation for all software developed. Use of standard project management and team collaboration tools
8. Collaboration as part of an Agile development team, participation in daily standups, preparation of work estimates, identification of blocking and critical path steps
9. Hands on coding in one or more of the programming languages identified in the Functional Competencies listed below
10. Detailed design for all functional components of the system
11. Accountable for delivery according to pre agreed time and budgetary constraints
Qualifications of Must have Skills:
1. Must have previous experience in Capital markets and a good knowledge in financial instruments, ranging from derivative products (IR, Credit, and Equity) to foreign exchange.
2. Knowledge of Java frameworks e.g. DropWizard, Jersey , JavaSpring
3. Strong database modeling and development skills, experience with SQL (Sybase and/or SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Cassandra or similar)
4. 8+ years of server-side development using Java
5. 10+ years of database development and SQL
6. A very good knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
Nice to Have Skills:
It would be nice if the incumbant had at least one of:
7. Knowledge of C++ and CORBA
8. Experience working on front office trading applications
9. Good knowledge of SOA and messaging bus e.g. Solace or Kakfa
10. Understanding of cloud based deployment
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required