Contract length: 6 months + good chance of extension
Location: WFH (Toronto)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Provides Enterprise portfolio management, best practices and governance, solution design, development, integration and operational services for enterprise products and services. The team focuses on delivering products and solutions for customer digital identity management and authentication through a variety of delivery channels.
Project: Part of the project is to modernize platforms, leading to the focus of this need.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a brand-new project projected to take upwards of one year to complete while utilizing a large variety of technology. Working with multiple business lines, the successful candidates will gain exposure to the larger banks initiatives while leaving a long-term impact.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation, and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
• Ensure all applicable test cases are aligned with technical requirements, will support the execution of IST and UAT testing in preparation for production releases, maintaining documentation in confluence and Jira.
• Create documentation including design, operational and support documents
Must Have Skills:
1. 10 + years’ experience with development experience in Java, Microservices, Spring boot
2. 2 – 3 years’ or recent Project experience (minimum 1) Development experience is needed in Apache Camel OR Kafka
3. 2 + years’ experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of Microservices in cloud environment (Azure is preferred)
– Excellent communication skills needed the group will be working with business and technical team throughout SDLC, to clearly articulate needs to the group
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Nice to have:
– Banking experience is a nice to have
– Working with NoSQL databases like Cassandra