Contract Duration: 6 months
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Core
Story Behind the Need
– Software development and highlight demand in operations to solve problems and automate solutions.
Typical day in the role:
– Analysis, solutioning and code development and code review for other team members
– Providing support to production releases.
Reverse engineering and requirement analysis of an intake.
Candidate Value Proposition-
Opportunity to extend for a long period of time. Client has multiple projects and there are multiple opportunities to stay on board.
• You will be providing technical direction with team input and feedback
• You will be assisting in developing coding standards and testing approaches
• You will be collaborating with the Architect (if applicable) to realize technical vision and direction
• You will be considered an expert in a major applications and/or technical domains, and is highly regarded for their technical competence.
• You will be providing expert advice and counsel to key stakeholders on development project teams on complex issues related to "area of specialty".
• You will be providing reviews of solution designs and related code.
• You will mentor and help team members in technical knowledge and best coding practices
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1. 7+ years of building scalable, enterprise level technology stacks with Java
2. 5+ years of Proficient experience using J2EE to support Enterprise Applications and Services
3. 5+ years of experience using Spring / Struts 2 / JSF / jQuery / Hibernate/ Sybase
4. Hands on experience with WebSphere 6 and Apache Tomcat
5. 5+ years of experience working on projects that involve Application Security like oAuth2 and/or SSO
6. Hands-on experiences with Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, CI/CD
7. Well knowledge of Agile principles and the flexibility to adapt experience to new and evolving environments
Nice to Have:
1. Previous experiences in major Canadian bank considered as asset, specifically web banking system
2. Previous experiences as Technical Lead or Solution Architect considered as asset
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field