Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 2 months
Reporting to the Director, you will fulfill the responsibility of a Cloud Core Engineer.
You bring hands-on technical expertise with the following skillsets:
• Developing automation & deployment utilities using Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python
• Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack
• Experience designing and managing large Kubernetes clusters using AKS & GKE
• Designed and implemented continuous build-test-deployment (CI/CD) system with multiple component pipelines using standard CD tooling like Jenkins, bitbucket and Jira.
• Experience with monitoring tools native to Azure and Google. GCP Stackdriver, Azure monitoring
• Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN
• Working experience with large scale systems and application architectures
• Build Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment pipelines for infrastructure
• Enforcing Security best practices for non trusted environments in service design and development.
Qualifications/Must Have skills:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
1. You possess excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills to both a business and technical audience.
2. You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python.
3. You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Terraform, Puppet, Ansible and Saltstack.
4. You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with GCP Stackdriver, Azure monitoring
5. You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working experience in the use of CI/CD Tools (Git, Jenkins, etc…).
6. You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working cloud security tools, secure coding best practices, secrets management, vaults etc.
Nice to have:
1. Certified in Azure
2. Hands-on technical working experience with Azure AKS or Google GKE
3. Hands-on Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, Load Balancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required