Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group is responsible for managing cash management reports for the group treasury department along with regulatory reporting globally.
• Project: The group is now finishing Phase 2 of the C360 project which focuses on building an e2e adjudication for a non-retail client. The current focus is on migrating client data and decommissioning it through the lending cycle.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility and can engage with multiple business lines Globally, while utilizing new technology.
Typical day in role:
The incumbent will lead development streams within the Credit360 project to bring the application to Production and then maintain, support, and enhance the application according to user specifications with a high degree of accuracy and functionality.
• Root cause problem solving and proactively identifying gaps will be a key function of the role.
• Unit Testing, coding, debugging, automating manual activities, scripting and implementing code will be performed on a month-to-month basis.
• Understanding business systems and the credit adjudication business flow.
• Maintaining and Supporting production support for existing regulatory reporting processes.
• Developing and maintaining a strong relationship with business stakeholders and various production support teams.
• Conducting periodic reviews of productionalized IT processes to identify streamlining opportunities and promote continuous process improvement methodologies.
The incumbent will also work closely with other internal groups, production support teams and business users in order to maintain support and generate new services. The application will be integrated with and dependent on upstream applications and has downstream regulatory dependencies; the incumbent will have to work closely with other teams to ensure
Must have skills:
1. 7 + years of progressive technical working experience in application programming, system analysis, design, unit testing and debugging
2. 4 + years' Technical working experience in an Agile environment
3. Minimum 3 years' (or 3 Recent hands on projects) working experience (back end) with SOAP and RESTful Web Services, Server-side language (Java, SQL), Unit Testing (Junit),
4. Recent (minimum 1 project) with Oracle/Postgres Database, Operating Systems (Linux Redhat, Solaris, Windows), Tools (Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, BitBucket, SonarQube, GIT).
5. Minimum 1 Recent project or 1 + year experience using Jenkins or similar tool(s) for building Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
– Excellent communication skills to communicate efficiently and effectively with the different stakeholders
Nice to have skills:
• Cap markets industry exp.
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required