Typical Day in Role
• The incumbent is responsible for providing efficient and cost-effective technical solutions across a mix of in-house and vendor platforms that aligns with the streamlining initiative of Group Treasury
• Interact with numerous internal teams including Operations, Application support groups and Global Data Platform.
• Participate in development of cost effective and robust applications.
• Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing.
• Participate in systems implementation, planning, and development.
• Provide technical input to other team members as part of the peer review process.
• Work within cross-functional teams to deliver BAU or Project initiatives.
• Participating in periodic scrums and stand-ups related to the initiative (that could be cross-functional and cross-team)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• Extensive hands-on experience with all phases of SDLC.
• 3+ years’ experience in Oracle SQL / PL SQL with emphasis on report building.
o 2+ years hands-on experience with RDBMS Systems Server (Oracle, MySql).
o 3+ years’ experience using Postgres
• 5+ years of experience working with any of the following: Java 8+ (as well as Java multi-threaded applications), or Python, or Scala.
• 3+ years’ experience with Messaging BUS/ Brokers like: IBM MQ, Kafka, Redis.
• 3+ years’ experience using Linux or Unix, including related scripting.
• 3+ years’ experience using source control systems. GIT preferred.
• Knowledge of financial instruments and experience in the banking industry
• NiFi experience is a great asset
• Spark experience is an asset
• Capital markets experience is an asset
• Experience working with Realtime, high availability and low latency systems.
• Experience in application / solutions architecture. Able to contribute to the design of efficient, scalable and reliable systems.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ideas must be able to be understood and shared easily.
• Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong ability to work on several concurrent assignments involving various technologies and environments.
• Disciplined approach to development methodology and software development technologies and concepts