Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group is part of Banking initiatives and houses and support the bank's mainframe applications.
• Project: The group is engaging in the TSYS Integration program to upgrade the Credit Card applications.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an exciting project that has high visibility within the bank’s senior stakeholders. Enhancing multiple customer applications, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the banks internal customer systems.
Typical Day in the role:
– Analyze highly complex business requirements;
– generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
– Maintain, support and enhance existing applications;
– Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis
– Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
– Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
– Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
– Analyze, maintain security features for application development, servers, authentication and procedures.
– Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ mainframe development with Assembler
2. 5 + years’ mainframe development with Cobol
3. 5 + years’ developer IMS, CICS, DB2, BTS and JCL
4. + years working on large migrations following Hybrid Agile approach
– Good communication skills to work with the architects and developers
Nice to have:
– Financial Industry Communication
– Previous bank experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required