Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6-month contract
Group: Group focuses on investment products within Canadian Banking Technology.
Project: The group is working on multiple initiatives but are currently focused on Milestone releases that are due this fall.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment with a good chance of extension and long-lasting growth within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
• Coding development work and application support
• Working with senior developers to deliver products on a timely basis
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Must Have Skills:
1. 1-3 years’ Unix Development – AIX/Unix, SQL , Autosys / Unicenter and scripting (Bash and Shell)
2. 1-3 years’ Java development (functional programming with Java 1.8)
3. Experience with mid-tier batch development (minimum 1 project)
• Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts.
• Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment, both individually and within a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills
Nice to have skills:
– Financial institution experience is a nice to have
– Familiarity with investment interfaces from product-related applications would be an asset
Bachelor's degree such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required