Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 months + high chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
Business Group: Group Contributes to the overall success of the Global Enterprise Technology globally ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This role is responsible for design, development and supporting various applications in Global Enterprise Technology (GET). Technologies include Microsoft SQL/.NET applications and others. The role will be also tasked with involvements in projects which will replace legacy applications to new solutions.
• Project: The group is looking to support multiple applications and is currently working on a Windows Migration
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to utilize cutting edge technology in a high-performance team.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Participate in requirements analysis
• Conduct and provide IST, UAT and production application support to complex technical problems on all assigned applications and technology that serve each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
• Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
• Producing code using .NET languages (C#, VB .NET)
• Providing technical support for web, desktop or mobile applications
• Develop and implement new software programs.
• Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
• Design and update software database.
• Test, maintain and deploy software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
• Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support.
• Be primary point of contact for Level 1 and Level 2 issues to resolution.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank's Values, its Code of Conduct and Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ development experience with .NET (4.8 current version), VB.NET
2. 5 + years’ integrating SOAP Web Services, JSON, RESTful service design and RESTful URI pattern and design standards
3. 3 + years’ experience with major RDBMS systems: Preferably SQL Server and familiarity with SSRS and SSIS
5. 3 + years’ experience with Reporting Tools, such as Crystal Reports, ServiceNow
– Good communication skills to manage workflow processes of business users and development team
– Excellent troubleshooting skills
– Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
– Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
– Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
– Strong attention to detail
Nice to Have
– FI experience
– DevOps understanding to be able to complete deployment standards using Microsoft TFS Windows Server 2016
– Recent bank experience is a nice to have
– Agile project experience using Scrum methodology
– Working experience with Console Application, Autosys, Splunk, Fortify, Jira, Confluence, Sharepoint
Degrees or certifications:
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field