Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Length: 4 months
Story Behind the Need: The bank is looking for a developer to contribute to the overall success of the Risk Technology department of IT&S in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. This candidate will ensure all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for providing specialized technical contributions in the analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, on-line, risk management and decision support systems for the group. The candidate must be able to interact with various people like Development Management, Business Analysts, Users, and Production Support groups.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will be working hands on with some of the most disruptive and emerging technologies and across the most advanced applications in the FS space while gaining exposure at a top 5 Canadian bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Participate in development of cost effective and robust applications. The incumbent uses technical knowledge and business/data insights to design and build specifications for operationally stable processes that extract, transform, and map raw data to organized/structured schemas for the purpose of consistent reporting and analytics.
– Provide technical support to applications in production and during user acceptance testing. The incumbent supports technical peers in the team and collaborate with peers and cross functional IT teams to deliver complex, creative, cost-effective and robust operationally stable data solutions. This includes development of complex queries that are required to ensure data and reporting by the respective teams.
– Participate in systems implementation, planning, and documentation development. The incumbent assist peers with acceptance testing and verification to help verify technical/business solutions for the assigned tasks. They will share the results with business analysts for confirmation and sign-off to proceed with implementation to release the solution in UAT and production environment. The incumbent may be required to perform operational support after hours from time-to-time in order to support late hours implementation and operational processes.
– The incumbent drives the implementation of new processes, improving methodologies and utilizes cutting-edge technologies to expedite delivery of new and enhanced products to our customers on a daily basis. They should drive adoption of modern testing approaches and techniques to both ensure excellent quality standards while delivering with velocity.
– The incumbent is expected to function independently combining technical expertise and business knowledge to recommend, develop and implement technical solutions and identify opportunities for automation or efficiency in ETL processes. The incumbent may receive general direction from Director/Senior Manager/Project Managers/Business Analysts for the projects and tasks assigned.
– The incumbent is to ensure all activities conducted follow governing regulations, internal policies and procedures, while championing a customer focused culture that deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with bank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational compliance of AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
1) 5+ years working on data transformation. Experience using Talend is ideal
2) 5+ years experience using Linux or Unix, including related scripting
3) 5+ years experience using source control systems. SVN and/or Git preferred.
4) 5+ years of experience working with Java/J2EE. Java 8 experience preferred. Familiarity with multiple external Java frameworks is a plus (such a Spring, Struts, Log4J, etc)
5) 5+ years hands-on experience with RDBMS Systems Server. Oracle or Postgres preferred.
6) 5+ years hands on experience supporting production applications
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Experience and/or knowledge with Talend, ElasticSearch, Kakfa and Apache Nifi using JSON and/or AVROS data format is highly preferred and will be prioritized
– Experience with DevOps software’s (ie. GIT & Jenkins) is highly preferred
– Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential
– The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness
– Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
– Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure
– Strong organizational skills, excellent problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills