Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 4 months
Your Business Line:
This project is dealing with Insurance Canada. Provide a system that holds data direct to consumer product policies like insurance like auto, life, home insurance. This database stores information on policies and used for analytics.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : Two key components-
1. Files that come into the database are used by FTP Process, converted to SFTP.
2. database conversion from a vendor into this system.
Candidate Value Proposition –
It’s a dynamic team with a lot of networking opportunities within bank and insurance. Will be talking to different insurance companies, with various business areas that you would be exposed too.
Typical Day in Role:
1. Combination of work sessions JAD sessions to come up with
2. Head down time for coding.
3. Go through requirements documents to understand technical
design, work with solutions architect to ensure set up correctly
in terms of architecture, right reviews done and complete
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
SAS programming skills. SQL servers-set-up and maintenance, SFTP processes
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
1. 3+ years of prior work experience with SAS programming skills, OR other Universal Languages like Python, or R- Language
2. 3+ years of experience with SQL servers-set-up and maintenance, SFTP processes
3. 2-4 years experience required Development experience in needed language or technology like HTML, J2ee
4. Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
5. 3+ years of work experience with access databases
6. Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
Nice to Have
1. Prior FI banking / Insurance experience
2. Cloud Experience