Location: Toronto, WFH
Duration: 06/14/2021 to 10/29/2021 (potential for extension)
Story behind the need: Contractor is needed to provide additional support to the design & production team with rising work volumes and to provide additional coverage in the afternoon/evening.
Business group: Supports the bank with production of content (ie. creating presentations, graphics, marketing tools, etc) and printing.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Great role for candidates who enjoy concise and structured work
– Potential for extension
Typical Day in the role:
– Provides confidential design & production support to the investment banking department
– Ensures internal client needs are met for pitch book design and production, and other design related products.
– Format, design and produce various presentations and documents (data driven presentations that include tables, charts)
– Direction and requests will come from VPs and managing directors (ie. they will request maps or graphics for certain slides of their presentations)
– Candidate will work on an average of 5 – 6 different "jobs" per day
– Responsible for prioritizing the workload to ensure client’s objectives and deadlines are met (team works with a general email, individuals take on the work as it comes in- not triaged).
– Due to the nature of the business lines supported, high volumes of work with short turnaround times are common (team works with same day turnaround time for smaller requests, and next day for larger requests)
– Track jobs (metrics) and number of hours dedicated to jobs through Workfront
– Communicate with clients through email to ask for any clarification regarding the requests
– Will mainly be working in PowerPoint and Excel
Must have hard skills (3-5):
1. 3+ years strong experience with MS office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
2. 3 + years of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
3. 1+ years of designer experience
4. Experience working in a fast paced environment
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Familiarity with project management software, such as Workfront is an asset but training will be provided.
2. InDesign experience
3. Similar experience in the finance sector
– Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
– Not afraid to ask questions and communicates openly with manager
– Organized and ability to multitask large workload
– Strong attention to detail
Education/ years of overall experience: College level (or higher) diploma in design