Derivatives Product Analyst
Location: Toronto – ON
Duration: 6 months (Extension Possible)
Here is what we are looking for:
You thrive on solving complex challenges and questioning the status quo is your second nature. Set assumptions bore you and problems are perfect opportunities to get your mind on overdrive. You excel in transforming a vision into tangible and successful solutions.
You perform well in a diverse team and flexible environment. You understand that success is 1% inspiration and 99% execution. You build strong and positive relationships that prove beneficial when prototyping and delivering solutions in an agile or lean manner. You know that raising issues and acknowledging failure are essential components of success.
You have a strong knowledge of asset management, capital markets and financial services in support of our service or product offerings, or are ready to learn by doing.
• Identifying, analyzing and validating the needs for the Derivatives end-to-end lifecycle, including Trade Execution, Valuation, Settlements, Hedge Accounting, etc.
• Documenting the business and technical requirements a variety of formats: Business Requirements Document (BRD), Data Mapping Spreadsheets, Use Cases, User Stories
• Modelling and analyzing current state processes, identifying gaps, facilitate process changes to address those gaps for future processes.
• Data mapping
• Facilitating prioritization of needs with sponsor and stakeholders
• Evangelizing and advocating the needs of our business sponsor with others
• Translating the business needs for the technology team which helps them build an effective software solution
• Identifying and raising key risks, issues, and dependencies
• Developing test strategies and test plans
Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of a range of derivative instruments (futures, options, SWAPs, Repos, etc.)
• Understanding of Investment Operations and data needs through the trading lifecycle.
• Ability to analyze business processes and high-level requirements to translate into detailed business requirements.
• Delivering on successful initiatives in a timely manner based on project success criteria and team goals
• Strong interpersonal skills will all levels of management, staff, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
• Collaborating with business experts, sponsors, the project manager, tech leads and developers, and quality assurance team to ensure successful, quick delivery
• Working across time zones and locations (we have offices in Montreal, Toronto, Boston & Asia)
• Facilitating complex stakeholder management
• Adhering to our project methodologies Agile SCRUM and RUP/iterative development and waterfall
• Knowledge and experience in Derivatives