Delivery Manager / Scrum Master
Typical Day in Role:
• Responsible for the execution of day-to-day project and task-oriented work efforts and meeting project expectations for established time, cost and specification definitions.
• Responsible for assembling and implementing project plans including release plans.
• Responsible for providing regular, standardized reporting for team performance: velocity, stories completed and project status
• Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management and business lines.
• Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software solutions.
• Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
• Regularly communicates with other scrum teams to ensure tactical story alignment and identifies/tracks dependencies between team.
• Provide standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
• Budget: accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders.
• Tooling: ensures team has access to necessary software, hardware, testing devices, etc. and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback on individual performance Triad leads with team awareness.
• Engages stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation and counsel throughout the course of the project.
• Administrative: ensures the completion of required forms and processes for Bank-wide release management, including the OR/NIRA process. Maintains vacation schedules and makes resourcing recommendations.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years’ experience as a Delivery Manager / Scrum Master
2) 8+ years’ experience in information technology industry, in software development
3) 5+ years’ hands-on experience with JIRA and Confluence
4) 3+ years’ of project management experience
1) Experience within FI/ banking an asset
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations
Bachelors in engineering required
Masters in relevant field an asset
Certified Scrum Master required
CSPO an asset
PMP is an asset