Location Address: WFH until further notice – Toronto
Contract Duration: 10 months – protentional for extension and conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 37.5 hours – 9- 5
Reason: Project work
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Capital Markets Technology: Technology group for fixed income business.
Project: As part of the Fixed Income Technology team, the Delivery Manager is responsible for the management of the set of the IT projects and run the bank initiatives to serve and support the Fixed Income trading desks. The position requires understanding of IT technologies, project management and life cycle development methodologies, proven record of Agile practice, and technical architectures pertaining to the area.
Candidate Value Proposition: implementing new technologies in the electronic trading markets. Exposure to senior level management – variety of stakeholders. 2nd stage of the project – growth phase.
Typical Day in Role:
• Lead projects and run the bank initiatives including business case preparation, development, testing, release and post release of IT initiatives for the Fixed Income business.
• Formally maintain the management documents to lead the projects and initiatives: Cost, timelines, scope, governance, communication plan, testing plan.
• Implement and maintain the artifacts and ceremonies for a successful Agile approach, including Backlog grooming, Agile Dashboard, user show sessions, retrospectives.
• Work with the business stakeholders (Front Office, Middle Office, Back Office Downstreams) and the other technology groups to coordinate the projects and run the bank activities from inception to delivery
• Communicate and reach decisions during the different project meetings: Technology roadmap review, Desk prioritization meetings, Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive and operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management and run the bank initiatives are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Maintain the momentum of the Projects and the technology roadmap against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities.
• Be a servant leader to the IT Team by solving the outside issues in order to let the project team focus on the delivery of the business value.
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the Director and VP as required.
• Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ of Proven experience with delivering technology projects (for example infrastructure projects, Development of new applications, streamlining of front to end processes…etc.)
2. 5 years minimum of proven experience with delivering value to Capital market clients, specifically Trading desks
3.Project management experience
• Experience in Fixed Income will be considered a plus
• experience for implementing Agile methodology within Capital market technology teams
Experience with answering internal and external audit and regulatory requests
• PMP designation, Formal Project Management Education
• Agile methodologies and certifications
• Previous experience with electronic trading.
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent communication skills with both front office traders, and technology experts
• Ability to create a positive teamwork mindset in a large technology team of 40+ professionals
• Very organized
Education: Post-Secondary degree in business or technology
Candidate Review & Selection:
1 interview – Video interviews– 30 minutes
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Dec 23rd