Location: Toronto (WFH temporarily)
Duration: 08/23/2021 to 10/31/2021 (potential for extension)
Story behind the need: Resource needed to complete project deliverables on time.
Business group: Facilitates the adoption of new standards and tolls for data office (getting users across LOBs to follow standards).
Project: The Delivery Manager is responsible for delivering transformation activities for data and analytics across the enterprise. This mandate includes providing expertise to plan and execute the change interventions and strategies to ensure the executives, people managers, and employees at all levels adopt changes introduced through data and analytics programs, projects and initiatives to advance the Bank’s objectives.
The incumbent is accountable for delivering on the people side of change and integration that maximize employee adoption and engagement and minimize resistance on changes related to new standards, processes, and tools. This individual executives on key workstreams in communications, training and stakeholder engagement to support functions across data and analytics. He/she is responsible for implementing a strategic framework to drive increased business usage of data & analytics across the organization. This role has a focus in International Banking and requires fluency in English and Spanish for delivery of change management and communications materials.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Broad exposure across the enterprise, navigate the professional network
– Work on high visibility project where you can drive change and see the results quickly
Typical Day in the role (50% change management, 50% communications):
– Managing strategic communication and integration efforts for data & analytics to articulate its value and help businesses across the enterprise be data-driven (e.g. utilize more data & analytics in business decisions and become more self-sufficient). This includes developing and reviewing written material in English and Spanish to ensure consistent content is utilized globally.
– Organizing stakeholder engagements and working closely with teams to deliver the data & analytics culture change strategy and review results related to adoption of standards, processes and tools
– Partnering with key stakeholders to design and deliver data & analytics upskilling opportunities across the global enterprise to raise its knowledge and maturity
– Execute on the change roadmap for Global Data Office and Analytics & Innovation, implementing the business development initiatives to raise data & analytics awareness, literacy, and usage
– Collaborate with the change management team for Global Data Office and Analytics & Innovation, developing communications, training, brand awareness and requisite corporate culture change
– Contribute to a bank-wide data & analytics communications program to drive cultural change towards an analytics-first mindset and create awareness around emerging topics and trends across the industry
– Develop standard and reusable materials that can be leveraged by the Global Data Office, Analytics & Innovation, business lines, and corporate function partners, ensuring messaging and branding is consistent and aligned across workstreams
– Contribute to the growth of the enterprise Data, Analytics, and AI Community of Practice, equipping business lines and practitioners with the tools and information required to act as effective change agents across the bank (e.g. develop a network of data professionals)
– Work closely with the broad Data Office team to build and execute creative work and strategies that will help achieve objectives such as enhancing the culture around the Bank’s data, increasing awareness, improving data capability understanding and value, and engaging business lines and corporate functions.
Must have hard skills:
1. Bilingual in English and Spanish
2. 5-10 years of work experience in Project Delivery, Change Management, Data & Analytics, Technology, and/or Business Communication
3. Demonstrated experience implementing (not just planning) Change Management initiatives and making an impact in cross-functional groups, through influence and change principles. Needs to have a solid understanding of culture change.
4. Effective execution skills to ensure the successful delivery/implementation of the change management strategy; Strong project management skills
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Previous banking experience
– Excellent communication skills with proven ability to present results and make recommendations to diverse stakeholders, including executives
– Sound and thorough knowledge in communication best practices and approaches, as well as an innate ability to ‘connect the dots’ on seemingly remote thoughts or messages
– Drive to succeed with bias towards action and ability to navigate large organizations and build collaborative relationships; Proven ability to engage and manage stakeholders in a complex, matrixed environment
– Strong curiosity to learn with adaptive and creative mindset (there will be moving parts)
Education/ years of overall experience: Post-secondary degree, a Master’s degree in Business Administration, or Analytics and AI Management is an asset