Typical Day in Role:
• Provide consulting and guidance on project initiatives including business case preparation and developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• The solution must be formally documented and costed as the General Design Document and internally represented on the project management tool (i.e. Microsoft Project). Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 work day increments and not to detail less than 4 hours)
• Identify and confirm required stakeholders to ensure responsibilities and deliverables are understood by each.
• Define project governance, identify senior stakeholders & sponsors to form a steering committee (should it be necessary). Work with Project Sponsor to prepare appropriate information for dissemination to the Steering Committee.
• Manage project participants and relationships ensuring project teams are cohesive ad operating to common objectives and priorities.
• Work with Project Sponsor to establish the scope of the project and than managed to the established scope. Ensure Project Change Notifications are raised where necessary and approved. If the scope changes identify impacts to the Sponsor. And/or Steering Committee.
• Hold meetings and work sessions as necessary to ensure that project management deliverables are met i.e. project planning, risk management, issue management, status meetings
• Provide support in developing creative/alternative approaches to problem resolution. The focus is to be kept on overall business solutions, not on specific packages or technologies.
• Motivating the Project Team and maintaining the momentum of the Project against background of changing and occasionally conflicting priorities
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the monthly Project Status Reports and escalating issues to the Operations Sponsor, the SVP and the EVP, as required.
• Ensure the documentation and archiving of project activities, deliverables, tools and findings and for use in future projects.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years’ experience as a Delivery Manager, preferably in the financial industry
2) 5+ years demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment
3) 5+ years’ recent experience working on complex technical projects
4) 3+ years’ experience with JIRA, Confluence
1) Experience in authentication and digital identity space an asset
2) Digital Banking experience
3) Agile certification
4) PMP Certification
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong communication skills to be able to navigate discussions with multiple stakeholders.
• Management and leadership skills sufficient to lead and motivate the team and excellent skills in relationship and general business management.
• Expert team building skills to create and sustain highly motivated groups within diverse and multi-functional reporting units that are most often not within the incumbent’s direct supervision.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations and creatively develop alternate solutions and approaches necessary to resolve high-level, complex problems.
• Expert facilitation and interviewing skills are required to produce objective and highly developed Benefit Maps.
Bachelor’s degree in technology
PMP designation an asset
Agile certification an asset