Typical Day in Role:
As a Delivery Lead, you will act as the Scrum Master and Project Manager within an Agile environment. You will ensure the successful delivery of software products within Canadian Digital Banking. You will lead and support an Agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Design, Analytics) and ensure the Agile methodology and principles are executed effectively. You will identify, escalate and remove release and team impediments. As a Delivery Lead, you will also manage the budget, schedule, risks, issues, reporting and governance of projects.
• Manage complex projects with stakeholders that span multiple cross-functional teams.
• Manage project schedule and budget.
• Track and manage project risks, issues, action items and key decisions.
• Ensure Agile methodology is effectively executed.
• Mitigate risks and make sure the team is unblocked and can effectively complete their work.
• Guide projects through the development management processes.
• Provide stakeholder and executive communication, conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building.
• Provide regular, standardized reporting for 1) team performance: velocity, stories completed, 2) project status.
• Work with the team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies and impediments. Accountable for tracking the dependencies and impediments and removing them to enable the team: surface, track, escalate.
• Communicate with other teams to track and manage dependencies between teams.
• Identify team conflict and partner with Development Managers and Agile Coaches to resolve and escalate to Leadership Team for support when necessary.
• Drive and coach for continuous improvement.
• Build and maintain solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project team and business lines.
• Engage stakeholders (e.g. risk, legal, audit) as needed for consultation throughout the course of the project.
• Coordinate compliance and readiness procedures (Ex. Operational Readiness) with associated teams (Ex. Release Engineering, Security, etc.).
• Collaborate with the team to analyze and breakdown projects into smaller components for estimation.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 8+ years’ experience as a Delivery Lead – managing and delivering complex software projects
2) 5+ years of experience as Scrum Master
3) Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM)
4) 5+ years’ experience with JIRA, Confluence, reporting tools
5) 5+ years’ experience in an Agile environment
1) Experience as DL within FI/banking
2) Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI PMP).
Soft Skills Required:
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations.
• Demonstrates creativity and adaptability when identifying solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and relationships management skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Demonstrates proactivity and accountability.
Bachelor’s – technical field preferred
Certified Scrum master certification (CSM / PSM) required
Ideally has Project Management Professional certification (PMI PMP).