We are looking for a Defect Manager who has experience working with IPTV projects (ideally) or telecom. Main tool used is Jira, please be sure candidates that have this experience call it out in the resume. See job description for all other relevant information.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with various levels within the company.
• Possess the ability to lead and steer defect management meetings to achieve actionable outcomes.
• Possess good working knowledge of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
• Demonstrate experience of working in high pressure environments with strong time management and prioritization skills.
• Ability to manage repeatable standard processes along with an ability to find, own and resolve ad-hoc issues.
• This role requires the candidate to be an excellent self-starter and be proactive and creative in identifying and clearing obstacles that may delay the defect resolution process.
• The candidate must have the ability to adapt and learn from other extended team members and have the ability to establish strong relationships with cross functional teams and partners. Have the ability to leverage those relationships for the purpose of influencing where appropriate and resolving any conflicts which may arise.
• Ability to explain technical processes and articulate knowledge of the Defect Management process to a wide audience.
• Experience and knowledge of large IPTV deployments. Technical understanding of End-to-End IPTV architecture is a plus.
• High comfort level of MS Office and experience with Atlassian Jira and HP ALM
• Lifecycle management of all defects within all development and pre-production environments.
• Lead/chair daily triage calls with representation from QA/Testing Teams, Technology Development, Partners, Business Leads, Development Leads, etc. and to provide clear minutes and actions.
• Initiate and manage escalation process for any defects exceeding SLAs.
• Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensure all changes to defect status are within the guidelines of the defect management process.
• Develop weekly defect status reports and trending reports.
• Identify and implement process & tools improvements for defect prevention and/or to improve defect resolution times.
• Triage defects by assigning appropriate priority, determining ownership of the defect, and routing the defect to the appropriate resource.
- Collaborate with QA/Testing and Release/Change Management teams to maintain awareness of new code changes, new test cycles, ongoing automation test results and new defects, bug fix scheduling and retesting.