DB2 Database Administrator
One of Nexus Group's financial services clients is in need of a DB2 Database Administrator for a contract or full-time placement within their growing team. This individual will be responsible for hands-on database administration in a complex and fast-paced environment. This individual must have the ability and willingness to deal with database issues quickly and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
• Participate in the development or integration of application systems from a database administration perspective
• Develop table and index changes
• Assist development staff in troubleshooting application system problems
• Assist with creating project and system documentation as required
• Participate as a team member in ongoing maintenance
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have a minimum of 5+ years of technical working experience as a DB2 LUW Database Specialist.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communication (verbal/written) skills.
• Must possess excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
• Must have strong working knowledge of DB2 LUW; data partitioning; production & testing environments; and large complex database environments.
• Must possess strong skills with DB2 LUW database change management & performance tuning.
• Must have working knowledge DB2 LUW stored procedures.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience in the analysis & design of logical & physical database models.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong desire to learn new skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Unix/AIX operating system is essential.
• Demonstrated experience in multi-tasking between multiple applications.
• Exposure to Quest Foglight monitoring tool & Redgate Tools’ SQLCompare is an asset.
• Working experience in the use of Service Now or any other type of ticketing tool is a strong asset.
• Working experience with database support in any type of Cloud environments is a strong asset.
• Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).