Role: Datapower Developer
Duration: 4 Months
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Cloud, Data & Transactions department within the bank Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) team works with Revolving Credit, Data and Transactions teams to provide core banking capabilities, API Enablement, Leadership in Delivery, supporting CBT Modernization Strategy, Governance, Architecture, Design and Engagement. The successful candidate will be partnering with Platform and Enterprise Architecture teams as well as with multiple teams consuming services from core banking platforms.
• Project: The Data Power Engineer will be an intricate part of moving information within the bank and will have an impact to all areas of the bank’s backend functions.
• Reason for request: Backfill / Workload
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a flexible and focused team that understands work-life balance in a high performing environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Working closely with Senior and QA Engineers as well as Technical Architecture teams, business capability owners and technical platform teams to develop high quality services supporting enterprise architecture and business process improvements that support our business and technical strategies.
• Providing technical leadership and expertise on new development projects and strategic initiatives; translating strategic vision into service capabilities and creating compliant technical solutions by delivering code for service enablement.
• Develop and support APIs and service product strategies, support business technology roadmaps and architecture prescriptions aligned with technologies and business priorities.
• Performing development and maintenance activities to optimize the platform.
• Building and enhancing the infrastructure required to support the portfolio in terms of robustness, scalability, availability and efficiency
• Aligning solutions to strategic technical and capability roadmaps and identifying new shared capabilities and business opportunities.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ years of experience in IT, with an emphasis on REST/SOA development and proven ability in delivery services using IBM WebSphere DataPower appliances (WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances (X152 or newer)
2) XSLT Message mapping
3) Fluency in leveraging WTX transformation component
4) Microservice Architecture and Web Services: SOAP/REST Protocols, Open Source Integration Frameworks (Camel, Spring and others)
5) Service Integration development techniques; MQ, JMS Protocols
6) Build, automated integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins and SOAPUI
7) Experience in delivering code using TDD and JUnit to support automated Unit testing. Code Analysis and Coverage tools and monitoring (AppDynamics, SonarCube, Zipkin, Jaeger, etc…)
8) Good communication skills – able to clearly explain work in a clear concise manner
– Previous banking experience is a plus
– Previous experience with API Guides/Playbooks, PLATO Architecture and chassis components is a major plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Candidate Review & Selection
• 2 Step Process: 1 Phone Interview with Team Lead + 1 In person with the team • Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: Interviews will start week of June 24th