Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : The main function of a Database Analyst / Programmer is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
– Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
– Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
– Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes
– Modify existing databases and database management systems and/or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
– Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications
– BI Competencies if possible – Building Dashboards in Power BI.
1. 3-5 years applicable experience required with database technologies of the ETL process
2. At least 5 years of experience with Power BI
3. Strong English written and oral communication skills
4. Knowledge of at least one scripting language – Preferably Python. If not, Java
5. Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills Demonstrated history of success
6. Desire to be working with data and helping businesses make better data driven decisions
Nice to have:
1. FI or Banking experience would be an asset – Corporate and / or commercial accounts
2. Experience with ESG (Environmental Sustainability Governance) – Understanding greenhouse emission and impact would be Ideal.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required