Contract Duration: 3 Months + extension
Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary: The main function of a Database Analyst / Programmer is to coordinate changes to computer databases, test, and implement the database applying knowledge of database management systems.
Candidate Value Proposition –
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to multiple moving pieces as systems are upgraded for long term engagements
Typical Day in Role & Job Responsibilities:
• Work with SMEs, Business Analysts and Technology teams to understand the end to end data requirements
• Contribute towards development of data standards, data dictionaries, processes, and definitions of project and data requirements in support of strategy and ongoing operational support
• Work with senior management, technical and client teams in order to determine data requirements, business data implementation approaches, best practices for advanced data manipulation, storage and analysis strategies
• Write and code SQL logic and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of experience with SQL. Can demonstrate capability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
2. 5+ years of experience in Relational and Dimensional data models.
3. 4+ years of experience with data warehouse and reporting modeling experience
4. 4+ years of hands on experience in database and SQL performance tuning
5. Propose and review modifications to existing software for better efficiency and performance
6. 5+ years of experience with strong data modeling fundamentals including experience with 3rd normal form
1. Experience creating logical data models and physical data models
2. Ability to reverse engineer from existing database MS SQL.
3. Understanding to MVC architecture, three tier application development.
4. Experience in OLTP and OLAP data models. – big asset
Degrees or certifications
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field