Position Title: Database Analyst IV-Oracle
Duration: 12 months
Work Location: Mississauga
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for a senior Oracle infrastructure DBA with strong database administration/management along with database performance & tuning and database troubleshooting skills.
• Minimum 5-7 years of Oracle DBA working experience building, deploying and administering distributed Oracle DBMS, Oracle Exadata appliance, Oracle OEM, PostgreSQL object relational database management system.
• Undergrad Degree or Diploma in Computer Science. Post Graduate
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
• Able to provide expert knowledge in the development of an enhance database service.
• Strong knowledge of Oracle and other database in a cloud environment.
• Solid hands-on experience with Oracle Exadata Cloud at Customer build, deployment, administration and management.
• Provides expert advice and/or acts in a lead capacity on operational system / applications planning, performance, availability, integration, operations support and release / deployment management.
• Influence product direction, foresee issues and gaps, identify solutions, and work comfortably with leading edge products that are untested/ unproven in the market
• Work with Architects, design and build teams to ensure that environment modifications interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance requirements of the project
• Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels
• Works independently and/or autonomously as a senior/ lead on a diverse range of tasks / operational support of solutions and is relied upon to coach/ educate others
• Expert level knowledge of database auditing, audit logging, creating benchmark for audit points.
• Experience with database security and database encryption
• Expert level knowledge of Finance industries compliance requirements such as SOX, PCI DSS, FISMA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and FATCA.
• Expert level knowledge of users access and database privileges
• Experience with deploying database security patches and remediation of database vulnerabilities.
• Expert level hands on experience with installation, configuration and maintenance for Oracle 11g/12c RAC and 11g/12c ASM, and PostgreSQL 9.1 through 9.6.
• Expert level hands on experience with PostgreSQL management tools such as PSQL, pgAdmin, PostgreSQL studio, Team PostgreSQL and SQLeo
• Sound experience with setup, installation, configuration and maintenance of Oracle12c on Cloud infrastructure such as Rackspace (both on premises and off premises experience).
• Expert level experience with the building, configuring, monitoring, and implementation of Oracle DataGuard technology.
• Expert level knowledge about RMAN backup/recovery experience on very large databases.
• Expert level knowledge is required with Oracle Goldengate Replication tool
• Expert level knowledge is required with Oracle performance analysis using several tools Statspack, SQL tracing, AWR, ASH report etc
• Expert level experience in troubleshooting and resolving urgent/critical incidents on production systems.
• Expertise in managing Oracle database in Linux/Solaris/AIX and several file systems such as OCFS, and zFS etc.
• Solid experience is required with Python, Perl, and UNIX shell scripting.
• Expert level experience with installation/configuration and management of OEM, 12c or 13c (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
• Solid experience with IBM IIDR data Replication is required
• Experience with database utilities and backup tools (Tivoli Storage Manager)
• Experience with performing backup and recovery for both application tablespaces and catalogue tablespaces
• Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment.
This role has a potential to be extended to a full-time position in the future.
1.) Oracle DBA – 5
2.) Performance and Tuning skills – 5
3.) Oracle DBMS, administration and deployment – 5
4.) ITIL processes – 5
5.) Backup and Recovery RMAN/Oracle Goldengate – 5
NICE TO HAVE:
1.) Oracle Exadata
2.) IDM IDR data replication
3.) Oracle OEM
4.) Post GreSQl
5.) Oracle Cloud and Customer (OCAC)