Job Posting Title: Database Administrator – Level 3 – Mid-Tier Infrastructure
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
Our public sector client is looking for a Database Administrator – Level 3 to work on Mid-Tier Infrastructure Project. The project proposes a transition from the current AIX/Solaris/Windows infrastructure platform to the Linux/Windows cloud ready platform and a move to Microsoft Azure public cloud
The successful candidate will be working on migrating an on-premise data centre to the Azure Cloud. The candidate will also be developing automation scripts to send infrastructure data to the cloud.
He/She will be conducting analysis on the existing environment and must be able to make recommendations.
Must have skills (please review the requirements below):
-Experience with Redhat Linux is required.
-Experience migration to Azure
-Experience writing automation scripts
- Define, document and implement migration strategy with minimal downtime to migrate
- Oracle database 12c/18c on Solaris and AIX, Microsoft SQL server to Microsoft Azure
- Tables, Azure SQL or Oracle on RHEL
- Develop automation for database creation and migration with ansible/bash/terraform
- Design and implement infrastructure as code build automation using Terraform and
- immutable infrastructure with Ansible + Packer
- Practice "GitOps" with Azure DevOps
- Implement risk mitigation recommendations based on Threat Risk Assessment
- Plan, define and implement database high availability and disaster recovery solution in
- Microsoft Azure environment
- Develop Linux housekeeping shell scripts
- Build and test RMAN database backup/recovery scripts.
- Support QA testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Perform database monitoring and performance tuning on database objects and database instance levels
- Assist in IT project management in the preparation of project plans as required
- Document and resolve any database problems/issues
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to Ministry staff at all stages of this assignment
Skill Set Requirements:
- Experience with planning, installation, maintenance, administration of Oracle 12c/18c database on AIX 7.1 and/or Solaris 10, RHEL on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with planning, installation, maintenance, administration of Microsoft SQL Server database Windows 2012, Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS.
- Expert experience with Azure build automation using Ansible, Terraform, Packer and VSTS
- Expert experience with git for source code version control, including branching, merging and pull requests.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies, including storage account, file share, Azure key vault, Azure portal, Azure monitoring tools
- Experience with configuring Red Hat Enterprise Linux guest OS on Microsoft Azure.
- Linux administration experience on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience with Oracle database and Microsoft SQL Server database migration to Microsoft Azure
- Extensive experience with Oracle database backup/recovery using RMAN.
- Extensive experience with Linux shell scripting to develop housekeeping scripts.
- Extensive experience in capacity planning, monitoring, tuning and administration of Oracle and SQL Server database
- Proven experience in very large 7×24 database design, administration and support